COVID PROTOCOLS AT OUR RETREAT CENTER
Update: September 20, 2021
We are so happy to welcome you back for retreats at Istmo starting November 2021.
Our first priority is to protect the health of everyone who comes to Istmo Retreat, including guests, staff, and retreat leaders.
During your retreat at Istmo, you and your retreat group will be the only people using our facilities, there will be no outsiders on the property, except for the staff and owners. Our facilities and rooms are spread out, with plenty of outdoor opportunities for sitting, walking, and enjoying the natural beauty of our area. Our remote location and secluded beach make social distancing easy and natural.
Istmo and its staff will follow all safety protocols:
- Istmo staff and service providers will wear masks at all times.
- On our premises and on the beach mask usage by our guests is a decision of the retreat leader, we do not require it.
- We ask that all guests wear masks while using transport to and from our facilities as well as on tours in areas of contact with other non-retreat participants, as this is a requirement of Panama.
- Vaccination: All of our staff are fully vaccinated and are required to be fully vaccinated. We strongly recommend retreat participants are fully vaccinated, however, this is not a requirement.
- Dining: Meals are served buffet-style, and all staff are required to wear masks in and around buffet and food service stations.
- Yoga Shala and Props: Guests are encouraged to bring their own yoga mats. However, when guests arrive, they will be able to “check-out” disinfected yoga props at the reception. They will be responsible for those props throughout their stay with us, when they leave they will check the props back in so that we may disinfect them for future use.
- Other Considerations:
- We will make sure all rooms and linens are disinfected before guests arrive,
- We will have alcohol-gel available in all common areas,
- Our common areas will be disinfected after each use,
- Staff is not able to attend work if they are feeling ill or have traveled out of the country within 14 days. Prior to the start of their shift, our staff is required to do a symptom self-assessment and temperature check.
Panama as a country is proactively managing the Covid situation, and at Istmo we continue to operate with care and caution in our retreat space, especially as we navigate new knowledge about COVID and its variants. We are happy to say Covid cases in Panama are declining rapidly and the majority of Panamanians have been vaccinated.
Please check the following resources for updated information about traveling to Panama:
For updated Covid Test requirements and Travel guidelines please consult https://www.visitpanama.com/.
For the latest numbers of cases and vaccination rates in Panama, we recommend the Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 Map.