We are so happy you are here!
Thank you for taking the time to look at our Host a Retreat page in detail. After reading this page, I hope that you feel like Istmo Retreat aligns with your vision of the perfect place for a group retreat.
Now it's time to start planning!
On this page, you will get details about:
Here is a breakdown of everything that is included in our retreat package:
- Rental of our entire Retreat Center - 8 rooms with 22 beds. Room/Bed distribution
- Three bungalows, each with two bunk beds. The bottom bunk has a full bed, and the top bunk has a single bed - 4 beds in each bungalow.
- Two bungalows, each with two (2) full beds.
- One ground-level jungle studio apartment with two bunk beds and a kitchenette. The bottom bunk has a full bed, and the top bunk has a single bed - 4 beds in total.
- Two bungalows, each with one full bed and a kitchenette.
- Exclusive use of facilities, including the yoga studio and props, dining area, lounge areas, gardens and labyrinth, and nature trail.
- Arrival day Dinner.
- Three healthy vegetarian meals per day. We can accommodate vegan and gluten-free diets.
- Departure day Breakfast.
- Airport transfers from Tocumen Airport (PTY) for all participants arriving and departing at a set time on the beginning and ending days of the retreat.
- Fruit, tea, and drinking water are available throughout the day.
- The teacher stays for free.
- Introductory SUP (stand-up paddleboard) class on the Playa Grande beach.
- Evening bonfire on the last day of the retreat (weather permitting).
- Personalized service before, during, and after your retreat to ensure you and your guest feel supported.
- Use Aromatherapy diffusers in rooms.
- Daily Housekeeping.
- Complimentary wi-fi in all rooms.
- Applicable sales and hotel taxes
Istmo is the perfect place to disconnect from your busy life for an intimate getaway. You'll have exclusive use of our beautiful property, with all amenities at hand and nobody else around but staff members here 24/7!
Our base price includes eight people in single occupancy; additional guests are $80 per night.
The shortest retreat you can host is 5-nights. The pricing for this is outlined below.
A 5-night retreat in the Green Season (May to Dec) is:
- Rental of the entire facility starts at USD 7,250 for a 5-night retreat.
- USD 425 per additional person over the first eight people.
- One retreat leader stays for free.
A 5-night retreat in the High Season (Jan to May) is:
- Rental of the entire facility starts at USD 7,975 for a 5-night retreat.
- USD 468 per additional person over the first eight people.
- One retreat leader stays for free.
If you would like a more extended retreat, we have a dynamic pricing calendar below where you can play around to see how much your retreat will be.
Prices are higher from January through May. Since it is cold up North, our high season and. The dates fill up quickly.
If escaping the cold is not a priority for your group, consider hosting a retreat between May through December. Prices are lower then, and the weather in Panama is always welcoming.
Please note the above does NOT include the following:
- Airfare to Panama City airport.
- Alcoholic Beverages (you are always welcome to host an alcohol-free retreat, let us know, and we will take all alcoholic beverages off our shelves)
- Animal protein with meals, additional snacks, or beverages
- Any visa requirements for entering the country
- Any immunizations are recommended for travel to certain countries.
- Additional Tours and Activities
- Items of a personal nature or souvenirs
- The retreat leader is responsible for acquiring their travel health insurance and requiring all participants to have it. The purchase of this insurance is mandatory. We recommend purchasing trip insurance that includes payment refunds if you have to cancel the trip due to sickness or other significant events.
The above video is a quick tutorial on how to check our dynamic pricing below.
The above prices are automatically generated on the availability calendar below. They are shown as the price per person per night.
Play around with the dates, number of nights, and people to get an idea of the pricing for your group.
If you click on the book button (don't worry, it won't book the dates until you enter your details), you will be shown the total price for the number of nights and the number of people you entered.
* Make sure you do NOT include yourself in the number of people - One (1) Retreat Leader stays for FREE.
Dynamic Availability and Pricing Calendar - Go ahead play around with it!
Reservation and Payment
Each retreat is unique. While you are welcome to book directly on our booking calendar above, we recommend that you contact us to make the final booking. We are here to work with you and build a retreat package that meets your needs.
Once everything lines up and you are ready to reserve, we will require a deposit of US$1,050 to secure your retreat dates. This deposit is non-refundable. However, you may transfer your deposit to new dates if you need to change your retreat dates. Three months (90 days) before the retreat start date, the deposit becomes non-transferable.
Three months (90 days) before the retreat start date, a progress payment of $2,500 is due. This is a non-refundable and non-transferable payment made via credit card or international bank transfer.
One month (30 days) before the retreat start date, the remaining balance is due based on the final number of retreat participants. This is a non-refundable and non-transferable payment made via International Bank Transfer to our Panama Bank Account.
If you have questions about our retreat packages, payments, or other related topics, please feel free to call us (Whatsapp) at +507 6387-9855 or contact us via email at email@example.com.
Food, Beverages, and Meal Times
At Istmo, you are provided with delicious internationally-inspired gourmet vegetarian, vegan, and fish/seafood meals. U.S.-trained Chef Sean Davis has crafted our menu.
We work with you to collect each guest's dietary concerns, food sensitivities, allergies, or preferences and make every effort to accommodate their needs.
Your meals will be served in our beautiful dining area.
Breakfast is served between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Lunch between 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM.
Dinner between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM.
Alcoholic beverages, sodas, smoothies, snacks, and animal protein additions are available at an additional cost and can be included as part of your package or charged to an individual guest account.
- Vegetable and fruit-based smoothie - $9 per smoothie
- Snacks - $5 per person per snack
- Fruit Juices - $4 per juice (breakfast already includes a juice)
- Changing a Vegetarian meal to a Seafood, Fish, or Chicken meal - $5 per person per meal.
If you would rather not have alcohol available during your retreat, we are happy to take all our bottles ofoff the shelves and host an alcohol-free retreat.
Additional items you can include in your basic package:
Each retreat is unique. Here is a list of optional additional activities you may have in your retreat or offer to your guests as add-on items.
- Laguna de San Carlos SUP Beginners Tour- $60 per person (minimum of three people). Departure 10am, return 3pm. One hour drive each way, transportation and equipment included.
- SUP Mangroves Tour - $60 per person (minimum of 3 people). Tide dependent 5 hours total. One hour drive each way, transportation included.
- Embera Village Day Trip - $135 per person (minimum of 3 people). Departure 8am, return 5 pm, 1 hour 45 minute drive each way.
- Panama City Day Trip (includes Panama Canal) - $135 per person (minimum of three people). Departure 9 am, return 5 pm. 1 hour 30 minute drive each way.
- El Valle Day Trip - $60 per person (minimum of 3 people). Departure 10am, return 4pm. 45-minute drive each way.
- Surfing Classes are $60 per person/class. Tide dependent. 7-minute drive each way, transportation included.
- Massage $60 per hour.
- Visit a local beach (with restaurants and bars) and stopover at a local artisan market for $20 per person (minimum of 3 people). Available at any time. 15-minute drive each way.
- Visit a local market with a cooking demonstration for $45/person (minimum of 8 people).
- One-way additional Airport/City transfer - $100 for up to 3 people, or $45/person if more than 3 people.
- Latin Dancing class $150 per class - regardless of the number of people.
- Yoga Classes from the resident teacher - $150 per class (this can be for the entire group or as a private for individuals in the group).
- Cooking demonstration $75 per class - regardless of the number of people.
- Local Beach Clean-up is a great community service activity that is always welcome and free!
- If you would like to add more community service activities to your retreat, let us know, and we can brainstorm some options. The retreat leader will be responsible for paying for any transportation or the cost of materials for community service activities. We will be happy to help you set up details and logistics.
After you make your progress payment, 3-months before the retreat start date, we will contact you to discuss what activities you like to include in your retreat package and what activities you would like to offer your guests to purchase while on the retreat individually.
Planning and Marketing Support from Istmo Staff
At Istmo, we pride ourselves on the support we provide you, the retreat leader.
Once you make a reservation, we will send you:
- A mutually signed Agreement that outlines what you have reserved and when payments are due. This is to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Photos and marketing materials of Istmo that you may use to help sell your retreat.
After you make your final payment, we will discuss what activities you would like to include as part of your retreat package and talk over ALL the details of your retreat to ensure everything will run flawlessly.
When you arrive at Istmo with your group, you can relax, enjoy, and do your thing! You will feel supported as you lead a transformational retreat. You will have nothing to worry about; everything will be taken care of. You and your guests will be in caring and loving hands. It will be amazing!
If your retreat is open to the public, we will work with you to help SELL OUT your retreat. You will get the following marketing support:
- List your retreat on our upcoming retreat page with a direct link to your website, where people can sign up for your retreat.
- Mention your retreat in our quarterly newsletters to our mailing list of past guests.
- Repost/Share from your social media accounts to ours when you tag us in your posts.
The more marketing material you provide us, the better we can help you promote your retreat!
It is assumed that you will provide all marketing material, pay additional marketing costs, and provide follow-up with the clients for your retreat. You will be sent their contact information if someone shows interest in your retreat from our marketing channels. You can then provide them with follow-up, sign them up, and collect payments for your retreat. You will work with the individual participants to get fees for your retreat.
We do not list your retreat on paid channels, and we do not pay for social media boosts, etc., of retreats.
We are looking forward to working together and sharing our little piece of paradise with you!
Testimonials from previous Retreat Leaders
If you would like to talk to a previous retreat leader about their experience at Istmo, please let us know and, we will be happy to share their contact information.
Julia Paddison - Yoga Teacher, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Testimonial after 1st Retreat
“WOW! What an experience! Staying at Istmo was one of my greatest adventures! As a yoga teacher with experience leading retreats worldwide, Istmo met or exceeded all of my expectations. The accommodations were cozy, private, and comfortable. The food was out-of-this-world delicious! Plus, having dessert every night was a huge perk! The chef was able to create meals to meet everyone's specific dietary requirements AND learned everyone's names (16 people) at our very first meal. Excursions were thoughtfully planned and super fun. The only thing I hated about being at Istmo was having to leave 🙂 It takes a lot for a retreat center to wow me so much that I want to return, but I will be back and CAN NOT WAIT! Thanks, Istmo, for a lifetime's worth of incredible memories!”
Testimonial after 2nd Retreat
Kali Kennedy - Yoga Teacher Trainer from Tucson, Arizona
“ISTMO went above and beyond my expectations. I recently hosted a two-week-long Yoga immersion training course at ISTMO, and they treated our group like family. Their generous hospitality is unforgettable. In addition to great service, we enjoyed fresh food, locally sourced meals, and comfy and spacious boutique bungalows! ISTMO’s entire property is something special- from the main house to the Yoga studio, labyrinth, and hammock gazebo. Secluded but with easy access to a stunning, quiet beach (both black and white sand) and numerous waterfalls in the area. We felt we were truly enjoying an authentic experience in the Panamanian rainforest!!” - https://www.devotionalschoolofyoga.com/
Jennifer Whitney - Yoga and Meditation Teacher from Brooklyn NYC
“I led a 6-day yoga retreat here, and it was perfect! The yoga studio is well outfitted, the best I’ve encountered in Central America. The food is nourishing and delicious, and they accommodate all diets and needs. Wonderfully, this can be done per person (so your whole group doesn’t have to be gluten-free if just one person is, for example). The rooms are well-appointed, the bed and pillows are great quality, with everything you need in a spacious cabin, complete with a hammock. The bathrooms are all ensuite and are themselves modern, clean, and roomy. Each is equipped with a large supply of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, so save some room in your luggage and leave yours at home. The rooms have a small mini-fridge that keeps your water cool. There is a safe in the room, but I felt no need to use mine. The best part is the warm, supportive, peaceful, fun, and welcoming spirit you receive from hosts Sean and Ayesha. Their warm touch, inspired by their connection to yoga practice, makes this a fantastic place to hold a retreat. I couldn’t recommend this place more highly.” - https://jwhitneyyoga.com/